Friday, December 4, 2015

Navajo Code Talkers

An update on the comfort quilt I am finishing for the scout I mentioned in the previous post... he had surgery, it went well, but it is still iffy on what the future holds.  He should be allowed to go back to school this next week.

I am finishing up the binding while watching more of my favorite Hallmark Christmas movies.  Tonight there is one that I haven't seen yet (though i realized just now I have missed The Amazing Race... oh well).  The quilting isn't my best, but when I made this quilt top I had a utilitarian quilt in mind--I think the quilting does reflect that (not at all fancy).  I was frustrated with some of it, and my walking foot wasn't cooperating, but I did figure out a solution to help with a gathering issue I was having.  My plan is to have the binding finished this weekend so that the hubby can give him the quilt for me.

Navajo Code Talker

Flannel backing to go with the plaids and homespuns on the front.  I think that screams comfort, I am hoping it delivers.

1 comment:

  1. I missed seeing this post. It has been a busy week of not much stitching much to my chagrin. I like my flannel Sheets. I'm not a fan of flannel on my quilts anymore. It wear out at a different rate. I note you didn't use flannel to do the binding. No fun on the Aurifil in the bobbin. The young man won't mind. Glad you got it done for him.

    ReplyDelete