Thursday, December 31, 2015

Allietare Mystery, The Reveal!

I really like the quilt that Bonnie Hunter created!  I'm happy that I decided to go ahead and do the mystery this year.  I have the rest of my pieces cut except for the red that goes along the outside.  I am down to small red bits so I will have to figure out a solution for that.

Here is the layout from Bonnie.  Keep in mind that the blocks are to be set on-point though, and on my wall they are not:
Allietare Mystery, Revealed

Alternative settings, because you just never know what you may come up with:
Allietare Mystery, Revealed Allietare Mystery, Revealed
Allietare Mystery, Revealed Allietare Mystery, Revealed

I kind of like the last setting. Here it is again compared to Bonnie Hunter's setting (BH is 1st):

Allietare Mystery, Revealed Allietare Mystery, Revealed

I guess it will depend if I want more open space for the background or not. I will think on this one, but I really like the original layout so that may be "the one!" :)

5 comments:

  1. I'm going with the original layout too. Why mess with perfection. My DH really likes it. Lots of options for a 2nd one if I choose to make the one I started. Straight on shows off the TILE block.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Original here too! I had to play around though since I preferred the alternate layout I did for Orca Bay. I am about a third of the way finished with sewing the rows, lots of frogging happened tonight! :)

      Delete
  2. Looks awesome! I have decided I can only do these mysteries every other year when I am not so crazed in December with company!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking about going back and doing the celtic solstice one next, but I need to work on an older project next to justify a new project! LOL!

      Delete
  3. Thankfully I've already started to assemble my blocks, otherwise I'd be tempted by your settings. This is a great pattern with wonderful possibilities.

    ReplyDelete