Sunday, November 29, 2015

Allietare Mystery Pt 1

Here we go!

I am a little sidetracked however.  I needed to get my Bitty Block strips off my wall so I ended up sewing the strips together.  I am guessing on Tuesday the final strip pattern will come out, if not, then one more week.  But also, one of our boy scouts hurt his eye while working at Christmas tree lot set up Friday and I am contemplating finishing up my Navajo Code Talkers UFO as a comfort quilt.  He underwent surgery today and it is iffy as to whether or not he will lose his eye sight in the hurt eye.  It was a freak accident; as he was hammering on the pallets (prepping the lot) a piece of metal came off (small metal fragment from either the hammer or nail) and went all the way through his eye.  Kevin said he couldn't see anything in the boy's eye though the lid seemed puffier than normal, but the next day they went to Children's Hospital because he was still in pain (and likely swollen).  Today Kevin bought 35 eye protectors for future scout projects.  Prayers for the young man would be appreciated.

I opted to make the HST's for the Allietare Mystery clue by using papers.  It went pretty quickly, I was able to finish it up within a few hours (including the time I sewed my bitty block strips).  I ended up cutting too many of my gray fabrics though, hoping that won't be a problem and I will be able to use them if required.  Bonnie Hunter likes scraps, so I'm guessing it will be fine that they aren't in larger pieces.
Allietare Mystery Pt1

All finished!  I removed the papers while watching my Hallmark movies, a perfect Sunday IMO.
Allietare Mystery Pt1
304 HST's... I would have had two more but when I was cutting from the papers, I messed up two.
At least I only need 294 :)  I'm looking forward to the next clue!

Monday Link Up: http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2015/11/mystery-monday-link-up-allietare-part-1.html

8 comments:

  1. I need to make about 10 more after sliver trimming. Sorry about the young scout. That's scary. I am waiting anxiously also. What colors will we need next?? Only Bonnie knows, and maybe Mona...she got to watch her at the cabin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its always fun to watch Bonnie's mystery quilts come together via all of you making it. I love those grays you are using.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used those papers too...they come out perfectly for me! Yours are looking good too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the mix of gray fabrics that you've chosen to serve as your "constant". I did the same thing. Let's hope it works!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Love all your variety..that's what makes a gorgeous quilt...I think anyway..great start.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too love your variety of greys, mine are rather boring. Sorry to hear about the boy scout, such a freak accident to have. I look forward to seeing your MQ grow in the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete