Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Old Projects: GFG Revisited

I needed to take the boys to dentist appointments today so I decided instead of reading my book on my phone that I would take a hexie project with me.  I haven't touched my hexagons since our trip in May to Las Vegas to visit the older boys and their families and grandkids, so I had forgotten how many hexagons I had left to do on my long-term GFG (started in 2001).  Currently I have 72 made and three more sets ready to go.

I decided to lay out the blocks I have completed and see what I could come up with without having to make paths.... I think I have decided to smoosh them together :)  A quick recap: I have 2 sets of 12, so I need to organize those... and I have several other sets that are of the same fabric too, but I don't think it will be as much of an issue as the two sets of 12.
GFG revisited

As it stands, I need to make up 5 more blocks to complete this layout.  For sure (well, as sure as I am until I lay out blocks again....) I will do the pink/blue outside rows, but the insides may change.  I really want to get this quilt finished!
GFG revisited

Since I need to come up with two more blocks (I have three blocks prepped currently), I am really hoping that I still have a few hexagons of that yellow in one of my hexie spots.  I seem to recall I prepped more than needed.

Right now I plan to make a border of scrappy background cream or white fabrics--but that could change.  I would like to do something along those lines and then cut a straight edge for binding.

But now I am looking back at my album at flickr.... I kind of like this one too, and now I have more blocks to fill in that design (except I'd move the blue/pinks to match up with the others so that I would make a diamond shape of four same blocks--if that makes sense)
Hexagons

I think I am going to have to lay stuff down on the floor and play again....

No comments:

Post a Comment