Thursday, July 3, 2014

Summer Block of the Week started!

Primitive Gatherings SBOW 2014

Yesterday I received the first five weeks worth of Primitive Gatherings Summer Block of the Week (SBOW) packets. As much as I wanted to start on it, I absolutely had to finish another row of quilting on the kaleidoscope quilt. Each row takes me nearly an hour and a half to do, but now I am finished with 6 rows--only 3 left to go! I was able to finish the row and now I have some handwork ready to go. I doubt I will ever be totally up to date with the SBOW, but at least I'll have something to do when I am procrastinating on the kaleidoscope quilting.

Primitive Gatherings SBOW 2014

Prepped and ready to sew!
Primitive Gatherings SBOW 2014
Looking at the leaf groups for the top and bottom sunflowers... looks sort of like a pot plant.  Hmmmmm... wish I saw that before I fused the pieces!  Oh well, maybe it won't be as noticeable once the rest is on and sewn.

Another bonus yesterday? Part two of the Stitch along was posted! Yah! That one will be quick to do.

4 comments:

  1. This is gonna be a gorgeous quilt. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the layout of it. After the last one I did, I didn't think I'd be up for more wool applique... and then I saw this one! :)

      Delete
  2. Have fun! Are you going to collect the Row by Rows too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what are the row by rows? Different quilt project? I don't think I should add anything else until I finish a few things! :)

      Delete