Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Row By Row Road Trip

Last night I planned out a road trip for Darrin and I to take for today:
row by row route

The cheapest route was to take the Narrows Bridge west (no toll that way), and ride the ferry home east.  I am glad we did because that meant I got the worst part of the drive out of the way in the beginning (405 is a mess, and I-5 through Tacoma is very busy along with impatient crazy people).  Driving up the peninsula was nice, even though there were a fair number of other drivers.  Instead of hitting the shops in the order I put on my map, after going to Calico Threads in Tacoma, we went to the furthest one away first (Karen's Quilt Shop in Sequim) and then work back to Quilted Strait in Port Gamble as the last.  I'm glad I did it that way because the short drive to the ferry from there was perfect.

The best part of all--and I know anyone in Washington who has dealt with it would agree--I pulled up to the ferry terminal, paid, and was one of the last cars to board!  No waiting at all!  If that were a Sunday afternoon, that would not have been the case.
Four Shops Visited

It was a long day (6hrs!!), but we were able to make it to four different participating shops for the patterns.  I guess this means that it's time to start making them!
Ferry Ride Home

To the North:
Ferry Ride Home

To the South: You can see Seattle in the distance (tall buildings at the right base of Rainier), and even the Space Needle, though my phone didn't pick it up that well (it has to be blown up more to really see the top of the Needle)
Ferry Ride Home

Bye Kingston!
Ferry Ride Home

2 comments:

  1. Those look like Fun rows to make. Thanks for taking a Road trip. See you in a week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of those rows look like great ones. I've seen Quilted Straits finished one and loved it at first sight. Looking forward to seeing what fabrics you make yours in.

    ReplyDelete