Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Part 2 Stitch Along

Yesterday was a good mail day.  I received Week 7 for the SBOW (which means I am 5 weeks behind! yikes!) and the fabric pack for the summer Stitch Along for part 2.  I am guessing that the rest of the parts to this will be in rounds vs blocks.

Stitch Along

After sewing the HST's together onto the center, I looked at the instructions again and found that half of the triangle rows were suppose to be turned in the other direction.  Oh well.  I am really hoping that it won't matter because taking apart 1" HST's is not something I will be doing.  I would end up having to redo too many seams.

I used the triangle paper that came with this fabric pack, and though it did make perfect triangles, the seam is very small (1/8" vs 1/4").  This quilt will be a wall quilt, but if it wasn't then it would be a likely guarantee that seams would be coming apart all over the place.  I don't know why their papers use such a small diagonal seam.

Again, here is Part 2 if interested in this free SAL.  Part one is still up as well.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't ever used papers. I like to cut them big and trim to the size I need. Gotta love when the pattern tells you the Finished size of each part. Catching up at Retreat sounds like a good idea.I'm behind on my A-Z BOM from The Quilt Show. Lots of fusible in it that I'm not fond of, but I gotta get more of the blocks done. I think I'm only 3 months behind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the first time I have ever used paper for HST's. I like my regular method using squares and then trimming up, I won't be using their paper in the future but thought I'd give it a try anyway. I don't recall the finished size of this quilt, but I do remember she noted it will be on the small side. Right now it is 10.5". I can't remember if it is suppose to end in November (I get the projects mixed up).

      Delete
  2. Oh my...I didn't realize I did my triangles "wrong" too until I read your post. It's okay...I like mine and I'm keeping it that way! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle! Thanks for your comments :) I'm going to have to check out your blog today! I'm glad I am not alone in having turned the triangles wrong, but it looks like so far it doesn't matter. Are you doing the SAL with the kit, or with your own fabrics? I'm waiting on two more green strips to finish up the geese for the pt 3 borders. At least I am current with one project :)

      Delete