Sunday, November 8, 2015

Bitty Blocks

I am almost caught up with my Bitty Blocks.  I have October left to do and I have already started cutting for it.  Maybe tomorrow I will have all available 11 months complete.  For the picture I put them in order (except for November, I didn't want to leave a placeholder space for October).  I like how they look together--reminds me a little of a Nordic sweater. 3 and 4" blocks:
Bitty Blocks

BTW, yes, I did purposely turn around some blocks... I was irritated after reading about a friend who was publicly called out for missing a point on a block, and this is my way of saying--who cares? Enjoy the process because if you don't then the joy is missing.  Quilting then becomes a chore and that's really the last thing I want to do in my creative endeavors.

And because I cannot get enough of this goofball...
Loki the Destroyer


Loki the Destroyer

Loki the Destroyer

Loki the Destroyer



Loki is now a year old, and one huge cat!  His size right now is very close to what the mama cat's size was.  He still likes to lay on his stomach in a "superman" pose with his back legs out, and when he collapses into a laying position he lets out a chirpy "oof" sound :)  Lately he's decided that he wants to be an outdoor cat and will race out the front door if given a slight window of opportunity.  Because the neighborhood coyotes are becoming more open about showing themselves, Loki will remain an indoor cat.

However, I did have a good laugh when I saw this coyote vest.  I wonder if I could make up something for Loki? LOL!
CoyoteSpikesOnSparky

5 comments:

  1. Wow very cool. Yours is so very different from mine. It looks calm. Loki has personality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Though I do like that I am doing just the blue and white blocks, I'm glad it's almost done, I am getting a little tired of the blue fabrics. I haven't decided if I will do a border yet or not... it will be 64" wide, but I think it might need something more. Loki is definitely a nut!

      Delete
  2. Your blocks look great! I love the random block here or there turned...it gives it even more interest! I think I'll sew mine into rows soon! What size did you make your flying geese? I love Loki...I vote for keeping him indoors too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The flying geese are 1.5"x2" finished. It was retreat project back in June since it was a lot of mindless sewing while talking :)

      I noticed that my first basket block on the row isn't showing, it also looks like an oddball, but I didn't notice that one until weeks later! I may not have set them that way if I was paying attention :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful. So fun to see how different yours and Julies are. Love them both.

    ReplyDelete