Saturday, January 25, 2020

I Wonder Why....

Needlepoint

...Mom never finished this project?  90% was finished and then it moved out of the living room.  The canvas was printed in 1974, likely started around the same year.  I am glad that I kept it, and now in deciding to learn, I am glad that I have everything I need to practice--and finish it for her.  Knowing my stitches are mixed in with hers is comforting.  BTW, that needle hadn't been moved in over 30 years, it was slightly rusted into place, leaving a mark that I am going to have to figure out how to clean later.

Needlepoint

Needlepoint

I finished up the violets and have started on the final panel section background.  Why did I suddenly decide to pull this project out the back corner of the pink room (far back corner of a room above the garage that we store things in)?  I'll follow up with that on Wednesday with hopefully some good news.

1 comment:

  1. It's awesome to finish something your mother started. Good for you to learn a new craft.

    ReplyDelete