Thursday, January 9, 2020

Cheddarback Month 11

I finished up the latest Chedderback blocks for January, 44-48.  I have hit a roadblock on working on the previous months though.  My goal was to get at least one a day done and be all caught up for February, but I've had a few roadblocks and balls in the air to really focus on sewing.

Cheddarback month 11

For block 48, I English paper pieced the block and had a hard time.  I don't know if it was because of the fabric chosen or just me (likely just me), but I could not get the center to line up.  And I am ok with that.  There are some challenging blocks in this quilt, and unless it is an all-out mess, I am currently choosing not to redo.

It's looking like a lot of foundation paper piecing is in store for me in my catch-up plans.  I really do like how blocks turn out using this method, but I prefer typical piecing since it isn't as fussy.  But I will tackle all methods and learn from them.  Month 11 had three foundation paper pieced blocks, one English, and two normal piecing.

Cheddarback month 11
I love how it looks together... I need that center section done, time to get to work and catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment