Sunday, April 7, 2019

Cheddarback Quilt, Month 2

For my birthday, the hubby wanted me to upgrade my laptop... so reluctantly I said ok.  I love the speed of technology compared to six years ago, but along with that change, many programs I love to use are no longer available.  When did the genealogy PAF program stop being available??  What?  My photos program is also no longer available either?  Sigh.  At least with Personal Ancestry File, I was able to transfer the download so I can still use it on my new laptop.  The photo program however, nope.  I like how easy it was to use, and in the end I may use my old laptop for photo downloads so I can still use that program.  I have downloaded paint, paint.net, and gimp.  They are ok, but I need a simpler one with easy to understand options.  I don't need overly technical.

So I suppose for now I can take pictures with my phone and use some of those filters, but I really prefer my regular camera that doesn't have the same editing features.  Anyone have suggestions?

OH!!  I did find a new app that I think my friend Kathy Sharman would have loved called Seek.  It is an app from iNaturalist , it uses your camera on your phone to identify flora and fauna while you are out and about.  I can't wait to try it out.  I thought of Kathy when I saw this app mentioned on a camping list I am on.

Patterns for Month two of Cheddarback quilt here.
Now for quilting... I still need to work on a bonus block for this quilt, but this weekend I finished up the five blocks for month two for Cheddarback.
Cheddarback Month 2

My little basket lost it's bottom corner point... poor thing.

And altogether:
Cheddarback Month 2

There is no pink hue in the nearly white sashing... the camera seems to want to add that.  In the next week I plan to finish up the first bonus block, and I have another in mind to replace another block in this quilt.  Also!  I did find some nice cheddar fabric that will be the backing of this fun quilt... gotta keep with the namesake of Cheddarback :)

3 comments:

  1. Nice blocks. The basket looks ok to me. Have fun. Cheddar backing works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fabric you used for the rolling block is great, there is so much movement in it. I love the aqua in the star block bottom left. Such variety.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to use PAF, too, but switched to RootsMagic when I knew they were discontinuing upgrades of PAF. You don't mention which photo program you used but maybe your husband could transfer it to your new computer?
    Your Cheddarback blocks look great. Love your color palette.

    ReplyDelete