Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Scout Patrol Flag

It will be noon in a few minutes of writing this, and I have to say that it has been a morning that has been craptastic.  If I could just spend the rest of my day in my jammies and ignoring the rest of the world while eating cookies.... I would.  But that's life, we keep moving on and forward otherwise you'll get stuck in the mire.

One nice little thing that I finished up (my part) was freemotion sewing some fused fabric onto Darrin's Patrol Flag for scouts.  His patrol has been working towards reaching Honor Patrol (not sure Daniel or Darrin's patrols have met all the requirements in the past), and getting the flag done was one requirement.  I supplied fabrics and Steam-a-Seam and Darrin went by a drawing in figuring out cutting and placement.  Tonight the scouts will do whatever to their ducks and stick them on the flag where they want.  I'll have to go back over the ducks with a stitch though as I found that the pre-sticky felt is not permanent and comes up easily (even more easily than S-a-S).  I am really glad I had this win in the freemotion today... I needed that!
Scout Patrol Flag Scout Patrol Flag

The patrol name the boys chose?  Exploding Duckies! haha!  That's a tween boy for you!  Although I wonder if anyone suggested farting duckies?  Maybe that isn't scoutlike :)

3 comments:

  1. Ducks or farting Cows. Boys humor escaped me too when my boys were in their tweens. A win is a win. I'd do the cookies thing too, if I could. I did some FMQ last night to get my Challenge Quilt finished. It was too small for Betsy. Time to get another quilt on her to be Quilted this month. Good Job MOM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on the flag. Scouts were not big here so my kids were never involved. I had a rough week, I need to send you an email! But tomorrow is National Quilting Day so I am going to quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Melissa. I AM A Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honouned to get connected with you as well as know you as a Christ follower who has interest in Quilting. The Scout Petrol flag is beautiful creation. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another.I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 39 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Chris to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have your young grown up kids in their late teens and above come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. I am sure they will have a life changing experience. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede

    ReplyDelete