Monday, April 2, 2018

A Finish: Eagle Quilt

It has been a long time, it's been nearly a year since my last post.  I haven't been very prolific in my quilting and I think life just said I needed to give something up for a while.  On the other hand, I have been busy with my serger... I have been having fun sewing clothing.  I have learned a lot on that subject, and am still in a trial and error phase with it.  I love being able to sew tops with real sleeves (vs the cap sleeves that it seems like they all have today), and with enough length to cover my rear end.  I don't like to model the creations, so I haven't been posting... but I am loving that type of creativity.

Now... after more than a year, I am finally finished with Daniel's Eagle Scout quilt.  As of today, he turns 18 in 11 days.  He has one more merit badge requirement left to finish, and I am feeling grumpy that he isn't taking the bull by the horns on it to finish.  So frustrating as a parent.  I will be relieved when he reaches that rank.  And then on to high school graduation on June 18.  What a year.

I plan to hang the quilt at his Eagle Court of Honor, which will take place likely in May.

Eagle Scout Quilt: finished!


Eagle Scout Quilt: finished! Eagle Scout Quilt: finished!


Sorry for the blast of half-sun... from the back, it seems as if this could be a peacock quilt!
Eagle Scout Quilt: finished!


I am glad I changed the beak color.  I think using the yellow fabric from the talons and the one border helped to balance the quilt.
Eagle Scout Quilt: finished! Eagle Quilt: dark beak

I haven't taken a finished measurement of the quilt, but it's approximately 90" square.  It was a bit of a beast to quilt with my Juki, but I am overall very happy with this finish (even with some "oops" and errors within).  It is now tucked away, waiting for me to write on the label and gift it to the Eagle Scout.

3 comments:

  1. OMG Mel! It is fabulous, just fabulous. Now Daniel need to get on it! Boys!! Good job Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All my boys got was an Eagle scarf and cake. You did great!! Glad I came to see the close-up. My Granddaughter was impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning, gorgeous, phenomenal, amazing and what a wonderful Scouting mom! Love it!

    ReplyDelete