Wednesday, June 28, 2017

New Clothing Finishes

I don't have a lot to report on the quilting front (or, I think I forget where I am putting my in-progress pics!), but I wanted to post three recent apparel finishes.  Well, except I still need to hem my patriotic top....

First is Rhapsody by Love Notions.  This top fits well and is meant for light wovens.  Because I didn't want to use quilting cottons (woven that I have on hand), I decided to pick a more flowy knit (an ITY which was a little slippery).  I like the fit, but I prefer longer sleeves.
Rhapsody

Next is Mama Blair by Made for Mermaids.  This is one of my favorite patterns, this is one of three that I currently go to.  The blue fabric doesn't have a lot of stretch, but it will be good for the 4th of July.
Mama Blair

Today I made the Park City Pullover from Peek-a-Boo  I slayed the zipper like an advanced beginner! :)  Actually, it wasn't too hard but the pictures in the pattern aren't easy to see in order for me to figure out what they were wanting.  Thankfully I have experience with zippers with bags, so I understood the process when it seems like everything is backwards.  The rest of the pullover was easy!  This one fits Kevin well, but I am going to upsize the sleeves a little for him.  What I am looking forward to is trying this pattern in a waffle knit like LL Bean's tops.  I'm thinking Christmas might be good to Kev this year!  Now if I could just get a little more brave and try out button down shirts.
Park City Pullover

I may even make myself one!

I need to make a retreat post about the last two retreats I went on (one in May and the other this past weekend).  Perhaps in the next couple of days.

1 comment:

  1. I feel like I have a clothes sewing buddy. I'm loving everything and it's nice when you find good patterns and share. Because SUI is not just for quilting. :)
    I'm excited to sew my Rhapsody now. I have 2 awesome ITY prints.

    ReplyDelete