Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Desert Stars, Finished!

It seems more nordic to me than desert, mainly in design. The colors that were preferred were teal and browns (as in desert tones) and the Stonehenge line did fill that need.  Kind of nice to have the quilt turn out nearly exactly like my EQ6 plan.

Desert Stars

I first attempted to take a picture on the living room floor, but this guy saw what I was doing and decided he needed to inspect the quilt. Such a stinker.
Loki

Now I am going to have to see if I can fit the quilt in someone's carry-on for our trip on Friday.  I really didn't think I would be finished with the binding before Thursday, but little by little it got done with a little help from Amazon Prime and watching the first two seasons of Vikings... I got hooked this year during season 3.  I've decided that I don't think we've ever stopped living in barbaric times (considering current events).  I think about my ancestors living in the rain, cold, and constant struggles and have to say that I much prefer today's time.  Sure, I live in the PNW, but it isn't on a rocky fjord.  Plus I really like having hot water at the ready :)

I think I need to quilt up my Orca Bay now.  I think that will be my fair entry for this year.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! I knew you could do it. Take a giant purse and a carryon, then you will have room! I can't wait to see Orca Bay finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEA!!! have a fun trip. Put it in your carry on and have the boys put your stuff in their suitcases. You don't want to let the TSA have a chance to paw through your bag.

    ReplyDelete