Wednesday, May 20, 2015

The Amelie Purse

Over a year ago I purchased a couple of purse patterns from Geta Grama.  Today I finally got around to making one.  I was thinking about having a new purse for our trip, but really I have come to prefer the cross-body purses.  We'll see if I decide to use this on our trip.

Amelie Purse

The pattern was fairly straight forward.  The only issue I had was in regard to the straps.  There aren't any measurements that I could find as to what width to cut them.  I guessed wrong, and being almost out of fabric I made do.  I also made the handles longer than what the pattern shows, we'll see if I like that.  I don't like short handles, but now it seems more of a tote.  It is a large purse, two outside pockets in the front, a zippered one in the back.  I made one inside pocket instead of two because I was just done with the pattern (or sewing in general as the kids were home early today).  Take a look at the link for what the insides look like.

http://www.romanianquiltstudio.com/english/bag-patterns.htm

4 comments:

  1. That's a Fun print on your Bag. It won't get lost on your Trip! Glad you got a chance to make it before so you can try it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great to use on the vacation. The length of the straps worked well too. The front has two pockets that were big enough for the huge bottles of water you can buy at the airport (1 liter), so that was nice to discover.

      Delete
  2. So sorry for the trouble!
    You can find the width of the straps on page#1, under section "2. Cutting Directions" (it is 4 1/2'').
    I love your fabric combination and the straps look perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must have totally looked over it. I haven't had a chance to look at the pattern again, but I do want to report that it was great to take on our vacation. I had room for two water bottles (or, one water bottle and a bottle of sunscreen :) and plenty of room for all the extras that get put in my purse along the way from the kids and husband. I'm really glad I finally made it, I really love it.

      Delete