Monday, January 25, 2016

First Finish of 2016

This quilt is a memory quilt of many quilters from a small email list I belong to.  We exchanged blocks for our birthdays in 1998-99 (I think the exchange started in Sept 98, or thereabouts), and I actually had the top put together fairly soon after receiving blocks.  For whatever reason it took me 16 years to make into a quilt and be finished.  I didn't do any fancy quilting, basic stitch in the ditch and a few loops where four light signature sections meet.

Signature Birthday Block Quilt

This quilt marks the first finish and first Finish-A-Long quilt completed.  I ultimately want to finish at least one UFO a month this year, more would be even better but one a month is a much more doable goal for me.

Signature Birthday Block Quilt

#24 1998/1999 QFT HST Signatures, checked off the UFO list!

Finished signature quilt

5 comments:

  1. My Siggies from WASIQ were in 2008. Did you do more than one swap of siggies? I like your layout with the star in the center. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have those too. This one is from a different group. They used to do yearly birthday signature swaps, but I only did the first one. I might put the signature swap from WASIQ on my next quarter Finish-A-Long list though. I forgot about that one because I was just pulling tops out of my bin (the WASIQ one is still in a baggie).

      Delete
  2. I missed this post! Awesome! Great finish! I have ZERO done so far, not one single thing completed in January. That will change this week though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out so nice! Thank you for participating in the FAL on behalf of the FAL hosting team!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doesn't it feel wonderful to finish something that has been sitting for awhile? It just needed to ripen! Love the layout.

    ReplyDelete