Saturday, January 16, 2016

Finish A-Long

I found out about this just in time!  This is a quarterly challenge, so if you don't get in on it this quarter, there is always next quarter.  I quickly went through my UFO bin, and put up six projects that I think I can finish or get very close to finishing.  My UFO list is long, so a challenge is a perfect way to reduce this!

Please excuse the wrinkles, I didn't iron anything before tossing it up on my wall to take pictures.

Primitive Gatherings 10th Anniv. SAL
Finish-a-long Q1
There is suppose to be one more round, but I am stopping at this one because it was having problems with being even.  I may add a strip border before quilting, but I will press it before I prepare to baste and then evaluate if it needs it.

#5 Hippy Circles
Finish-a-long Q1
I love this quilt top but I didn't have fabric on hand when I was working on it that fit.  I am thinking about giving it a little more width with piano keys or something else and then donate after it's finished.

#8 WASIQ quilt group first swap, 1998
Finish-a-long Q1
Terrible I haven't finished the very first one!

#50 Outer space: top, kid bed sized
Finish-a-long Q1
I created this for Justin probably around 1998.  My design wall at the time was the kitchen table :)  He jokingly told me I should finish it (he doesn't know what it looks like), and I think I will and send it down to him even though he's all grown up now!

#40 Fons and Porter, can't remember the name (I will have to find the book)
Finish-a-long Q1
I have to find the book.  I think this one had another round or two.  This was my first quilt that I used batiks in... this is when the love for those and hand dyes began.

#24 1998/1999 QFT HST Signatures
Finish-a-long Q1
I've displayed this one on an antique wash table in my kitchen as just a top... it's time for it to be finished!
Finish-a-long Q1

And finally, not a UFO but one that is ready to be quilted, as it is basted and yelling for a finish:
Allietare Mystery, Reveal
Allietare!

After pulling the six UFOs, I think it's time for me to move over any unfinished 2014 projects into the UFO column--just 3 I think. I'm not sure how much time it takes for a UFO to become one... 2 years sounds about right :)

2 comments:

  1. I am impressed! I find it funny that you copied me on not pressing! :) :) I was fast running out of time too, glad you saw my blog in time! Wow on that WASIQ quilt top! I LOVE the setting. My first one is about worn out, it was on Brad's bed for years. I am excited to see these finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good. I Love seeing the first year of Wasiq Swap blocks and the Siggies again. If it went into hiding in a tote before Quilting I either call it a TBQ Flimsy or a UFO- if it is just Blocks waiting to be finished or set together. I get stuck on the Borders. Only 3 UFO's, I don't even wanna count mine.

    ReplyDelete