Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Metro Rings Baby Quilt

I found out last Friday that my 3rd grader's teacher is expecting.  Yah!  I am very excited for her as this will be her first child and I know she'll make a great mom.  This past weekend I worked on a Metro Rings quilt in crib size.  I'm happy to say that this is likely one of the first true baby quilts I've made in a while (most I make are much larger).  I'm not sure if she is having a boy or girl or a color scheme she is looking for.  Metro Rings has their pattern in similar colors (yellow, grey and mint) and I just love the combination... so this is what I went with.

Metro Rings

Hey! Someone hung a quilt in my tree!

Metro Rings

Now I need to figure out what to write on the quilt label... google to the rescue :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh Mel, this looks so soft and cuddly. Perfect for new mom and baby.
    She will love it no matter what her color scheme is. As for the label, write what is in your heart. And the date. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome of you to create a Baby quilt in such a hurry. The Surprise looked extra fun in your Pictures on FB.

    ReplyDelete