Sunday, January 3, 2016

Allietare Mystery, Top Complete!

On Saturday I finished up Allietare.  Unfortunately I needed 3 more inches of my black border fabric, so I thought about being intentional and using a espresso fabric.
Allietare Mystery, Reveal


The mottled orange/gold on black is Pumpkin Ridge Harvest by Deb Strain.  Age... no clue, must be older because I can't find it anywhere.
Allietare Mystery, Reveal


By Sunday I decided that intentionally adding that fabric wasn't working for me.  I had another colorway of that fabric line, but the mottled color splashes aren't as dense AND they are red and green.. I see it still there, but it doesn't jump out at me as badly as the espresso fabric.
Allietare Mystery, Reveal

I am also thinking that I can add some of my fabric paint to blend it better.  I will practice before I do that though! :)
Allietare Mystery, Reveal

Allietare Mystery, Reveal

Aside from my border issue, I am really happy with how this mystery was revealed.  Orca Bay was my very favorite, but this one ranks right up there.  Now on to finishing!  I have my batting cut from the roll and I need to figure out what the backing is going to look like.  It will likely be another scrappy-pieced backing... I love those :)

Monday Link-up:  http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2016/01/mystery-monday-link-up-reveal.html

12 comments:

  1. I think you should take apart the other borders and add a bit of the new fabric to each side. Ducking and running now! :) The fabric paint is an interesting idea. Congrats on finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing. I am still making blocks. Taking two days off didn't get mine finished. I have yet to choose my final border fabric. Pieced backing sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great and you solved the border problem right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! Your fabrics are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is beautiful. Congrats on getting it done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job! I'm always impressed by your color choices and determination to keep up with Bonnie's mysteries.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt top looks terrific!! You've done a great job!! If you absolutely love your border fabric and have difficulty with the painting, perhaps if you put in corner blocks in the border and using your BH quilt fabric. You can then use the corner square border fabric to add to your border length - you may just have enough and it will all look as if you planned it that way!! Again beautiful job!! Congrats on finishing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks wonderful. You did a great job finishing so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way your quilt came together! It looks great. I hope you resolve your angst over the border issue. It's always very frustrating when you're feeling that it's just not right.

    ReplyDelete