Friday, May 15, 2015

Finished is Better Than Perfect

I decided that I needed to stop marinating ideas for the engagement quilt I started last year.  I had plans to perhaps applique something on a corner area, but I couldn't get it right in my head what that was.  I was also considering a strip border, but decided to do a stay stitch instead and get quilting.  This quilt is 8 rows x 7 (56  12" blocks), and at this point I only have 21 more blocks left to go--I am 2/3rds done!  Hopefully by next week I will be starting on the binding.  It would be great to have this quilt finished before we head to Nevada next Friday (to hand deliver), but I don't see that happening because of the size (and a lot of hand stitching on the binding).  I think I have settled on a name for this quilt: Desert Stars.


Desert Stars, engagement quilt


So far I have gone through 13 bobbins of thread! For the final three rows, I am guessing 7 more.
Desert Stars, engagement quilt

7 comments:

  1. Your quilting is awesome! It would be awesome if you got it done before you went. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! I may try to finish before Thursday, but I'm not really sure that will be possible... but I can give it a go :)

      Delete
  2. The quilting looks great! Perfect is only a dream. They are going to LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilt. Your quilting is lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is very, very nice. So glad Julie provided a link to your blog. I've had a lovely early morning 'scroll' through your more recent posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm slowly working on the binding (I have two sides done), but ohhhh I am dragging on this part. I much prefer sewing bindings on doll quilts :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete