Tuesday, May 26, 2015

2015 Doll Quilt Swap

What a weekend we had!  First I delivered the Desert Stars quilt to our oldest and his fiance (which it makes my year that they love it so much!), today I got the backlog of mail we had on hold and I received the quilt from my partner, Carmel Lewis, for the Doll Quilt Swap.  I absolutely adore it!  I got a little teary even (strange response, but it just hit me).

2015 Doll Quilt Swap received, allll mine!!!

I love everything about it.  I am also an orange lover, so it's perfect.  Carmel handquilted it along with the embroidery.  Isn't it sweet?  I might have gotten teary eyed because I always sing "You are my Sunshine" to the kids (and hubby), so the phrase Carmel chose was wonderful.  Such a great day!

7 comments:

  1. This is awesome Mel! She did a great job. I'm glad you had a good trip and the quilt was so well received!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the picture of the Couple with the quilt around them! It sure was a HIT! This quilt is perfect for you. I used to sing that song with my mother, she tried to teach me to sing harmony. It would have made me teary too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful mini. Great swap you had.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This doll quilt is just too adorable for words! I love it and may make one for myself - as if I need any more! I have participated in many of Lori's QALs, but didn't this time because we were planning a trip and in fact, I'm in FL right now instead of OR where I live having moved there last Aug. from TX. I am going to start following your blog on bloglovin! I'm going to look up your DJ quilt as I'm working on one now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally understand your response, your quilt is absolutely wonderful! And when someone puts this effort into something just for you it is a wonderful feeling!! I actually felt the same when I opened mine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the embroidery! What a neat idea.

    ReplyDelete