Friday, August 1, 2014

Row by Rows!

Yah! All eight rows are basically finished.  I need to finish appliqueing the crabs and seagulls, and a section of the row with the anchor, but next is to figure out the order and what I want to do to make it wider.
Row by Row

I changed the fourth row into mostly paper piecing, but I still have applique to do.  I am glad I decided to change the mariners compass as well, otherwise I would be still scratching my head on the y-seams.

Quilted Strait:  6th row, I meant to change around the order of the houses so that the fabrics weren't next to each other that were of the same pattern... it wasn't until I was appliqueing the trees that I noticed what I did.  Oh well.

The order again:
1st: Attic Window, Wenatchee
2nd: Leavenworth Quilt Company
3rd: Calico Threads, Tacoma
4th: Creative Union Fabrics
5th: Karen's Quilt Shop, Sequim
6th: Quilted Strait, Port Gamble
7th: Keepsake Cottage, Bothell
8th: Sew E-Z Too, Spokane

Even with some of the challenges, I am really happy with the rows I have picked to put into this quilt.  It will look great hanging up in the living room :)

4 comments:

  1. Are you going to add the Cables on the Bridge to Nowhere? I forgot to do it before I took mine in. lol I like the house row and your Geese with the lighter background..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ugh. I forgot about that too. I had planned to embroider those on and will add that to my list to finish before quilting too. I thought about just using a pen or as quilting lines like it was suggested, but I don't think I'd be content unless I embroidered it.

      Delete
  2. Love it! It's funny I didn't notice in the pic that you hadn't done the cables nor Mary either! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks really good! Row 2 and 6 are my favs. So cute. I can't believe how fast you gals are at getting these rows done. Impressive.

    ReplyDelete