Saturday, August 2, 2014

Row By Row Experience, in the books

The Final Layout:
Row By Row Experience

I went through my Washington State Internet Quilters block swap blocks and decided to add eight to the sides to give it more width.  I think it turned out nice.  Here are the rows and the people who made the swap blocks:

"Famous Last Words" (AKA, I am not doing this project, Mary!) By Melissa Devin
1. Attic Window, Wenatchee. Hummingbird  by Donna Kay Mowery
2. Leavenworth Quilt Company. Tulips by Lou Ann Hughes
3. Sew E-Z Too, Spokane. Tree by Joyce Callison
4. Quilted Strait, Port Gamble.  Goose by Dru Rowan
5. Keepsake Cottage, Bothell. Fruit by Joy Neal
6. Calico Threads, Tacoma. SeaGull and pilings by Julie Huffman
7. Creative Union Fabrics, Port Townsend. Ferry by Julie Scholes
8. Karen's Quilt Shop, Sequim. Herons by Naomi Vargas Peck

All quilted and bound.  It is currently in the wash, hope nothing disintegrates before I can take it to the shop tomorrow!
Row By Row Experience

I just about totally changed the 7th row, Creative Union.  I changed the compass to make it paper pieceable, and I also paper pieced the sailboat, changed the rock a bit, and left the rope off the anchor.  Oh, and I didn't reverse anything, so the master row is going in the other direction.  Oh well.

I quilted the cable lines on the Tacoma Narrows Bridge.  I thought about embroidering, but went with this instead.  It turned out well I think.

I think that's it on my report for the putting together of the rows.  Now I am just hoping I will be the first one done at the shop tomorrow!  We are taking Daniel to camp first, but I don't think they open until 11 or 12, so I may be ok :)

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's quilted AND bound! Amazing! I love the way you added the blocks on the side and they fit the theme of the rows. Hey my block even made it in there! I hope you are the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAHOO!!! Those blocks fit the Washington Theme you have going. I need to still add some quilting to my Bridge to nowhere. All your Rows are from WASHINGTON.
    Did the shop want to keep it to hang there? I got to bring mine home.

    ReplyDelete