Sunday, August 10, 2014

kaleido-Finish!

Now that I am able to finally spell kaleidoscope without having to lean on spell check, I am happy to report a finish!

Approx 72x56"
Kaleidoscope Finish!

I had more plans with quilting in the other triangles--freemotion all the way through the rows, but I decided that it had enough quilting in it, and it would be great the way it is.  Because of all the turns going on with the straight line stitching (I am not ready to master holding a ruler with my Juki and freemotion the lines), each of the 9 rows took me approximately 90mins to finish.  I started this quilt in May, but the top sewed up in no time.  It was the quilting which took me the most amount of time.
Kaleidoscope Finish!


A low-nap Minkee fabric was used.  I would have liked it a little thicker, but this is soft regardless.  it's hard to tell in the photo, but it is a green and black houndstooth.  The green did not pick up very well and looks very light here.
Kaleidoscope Finish!

This quilt is headed down to Vegas for a special little boy this week!  I am also boxing up some goodies to go with it that would work well for snacks during a movie time :)  I think I am almost ready to sew up another kaleidoscope quilt, it was fun to do.

1 comment:

  1. Glad it's done for you to send. Not that Vegas needs a warm blanket much. It's pretty hot there most of the year, I'm told.

    ReplyDelete