Saturday, May 14, 2016

2016 Humble Quilts Doll Quilt Swap

Since my last post I have done a little sewing catch-up with my Splendid Sampler blocks (which will be a different blog post),  I am just two behind now so I am nearly current!  I am also about halfway finished with my fifth row of my flower garden quilt.  I can't believe it is growing after all these years--it's nearly a quilt!

Today I received a quilt as a part of the Humble Quilts Doll Quilt Swap; Small Squares Done Simple from Jessica Vaughn.  Cheddars and yellows are my favorite colors in quilts and I was so excited to see Jessica chose those colors.  So much fun!
Small Squares Done Simple

And then she added in some extra goodies--totally unnecessary, but so much fun!
Humble Quilts Doll Quilt Swap

A refresher since I am adding this to the linky party at Humble Quilts Blog... this is the quilt I made and sent to Debbie Dodge:

1000 Pyramids

go check out the other quilts from the swap here: http://humblequilts.blogspot.com/2016/05/celebrate-little-quilt-swap-linky-party.html
Ideas are formulating for next year if the swap happens again! :)


5 comments:

  1. Both are lovely! I'm going to post another link from your blog since Debbie isn't a blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both quilts are gorgeous. I love the simplicity of the quilt you received, but the colors make it extra special. The fabrics in the little one you made are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh what a happy little quilt!! I love the one you made too.. perfectly scrappy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Mel! What great goodies you received too. I would have to buy all new fabrics to make one of these quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea so glad you got in on the SWAP. You got some fun goodies with it, too! Congrats on being halfway with your GFG.

    ReplyDelete