Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Clue 5 Link-up and Merry Christmas!

I knew I would be taking this clue slow given things I would be doing this week.  But it's such a great clue!  I finished my Christmas tasks on Sunday and then sewed up a few blocks. 
Good Fortune: Clue 5
Ready to go, along with bonus pieces.

 I started my blog post a few hours ago, before I went back to sew some blocks.  I didn't anticipate being finished with Clue 5 tonight, but I am!  Now I am all ready for Friday's new clue release. yah!
Good Fortune: Clue 5

Check out other clue 5 link ups here: http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2018/12/mystery-monday-link-up-part-5.html

Good Fortune: Clue 5
I'll bet everyone has these teeny slivers after this clue!

This morning after gifts were exchanged, one of my sons  said, "you are still making cinnamon rolls, RIGHT?".  I really wasn't planning on it, we've been on treat overload for the last couple of weeks.  But I did make the recipe....  I use my grandma's recipe from when she worked in a school, and it is very good--it makes a lot though.  I wasn't planning ahead and started adding ingredients before I realized I should have halved it!  I will send some to neighbors tomorrow for sure!

Christmas Yummies

I knew December would be rough diet-wise, but I've still kept up with logging calories at myfitnesspal.  So far I am only up by 5lbs and come January Kev and I already decided we are going to do our 2nd round of Whole30.  I found it really helped for kicking sweets.  The backstory on the Whole30/Paleo plan is that hubby's company started a new health push for those over the arbitrary BMI number they chose:  Lose 2 BMI points and gain $500 each participant into your HSA account.  Don't lose and lose $500 each participant (likely pays for those that lost the points).  I tried dieting from April to July with minimal to show except that I was back to where I was in the previous year's biometric screen.  Through Whole30 we both lost the 2 points we needed by Oct 15, and because I know how these things go, we continued for as much as possible until today.  So far I have lost 2 more points so unless they change things, I am in the clear for 2019's screen.  As much as I hate these "nudges", I am glad that I seem to have found what works for me in regards to diet and exercise (I do daily walk during the week, and add treadmill for at least 3 mornings).  My daily fitbit goal is only 7000 (compared to 10,000 "they" say to do), but I'm ok with that.  What I really dislike is that I have dieted my whole life and end up only gaining more.  I'm sure that's a story a lot of people have.

I hope you've had a wonderful holiday and celebrated in the way that brings you the most loving feelings.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous fabric in your mystery units. The cinnamon rolls look yummy too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No matter how many sweets, Cinnamon Rolls are good for you almost! I bet you made his day. Glad you're ready for Friday. Watch to go

    ReplyDelete