Monday, April 24, 2017

Graduation/Memory Quilt, Pink Lemonade Finishes

I finished up a few projects over the weekend, here is one.

Graduation quilt

I am going to try and ignore that now (literally "now"! after downloading photos) when I look at the picture, I think I put the rabbit applique in the wrong location.  It's too late now, it's been mailed off... Why is it that I have a hard time seeing things until I look at photos?  Why can't I see the placement without having to do that.  ugh!  The good part is that it can be removed since I put it on after the top was together.  It might take a little time to remove it, but it's up to my niece.

On a note about sewing baby clothing into a memory quilt, I don't plan on doing that again.  Yes, I have seen some very cute ones, but after several needle breaks, I'm going to decline those.

Graduation quilt

My next finish was a new quilt for my grand daughter.  After making the "Pink Lemonade" pattern that came in a Quilty Box, I knew this was what I would be giving to her.  I amazed myself by sewing the binding down in one day (usually I give myself 3-4 days).  I am not very good at machine sewing the binding, so that was out.

Pink Lemonade


Anyway... with so many irons in the fire, I have been feeling paralyzed.  I hate that feeling of being so overwhelmed.  My next project I must finish is Daniel's Boy Scout Eagle quilt.  I already have the pattern, and though there is time, this is something that is going to sneak up on me if I'm not careful.  He thinks he'll reach Eagle by June, but I think that's pushing it.

I can't get over the applique placement I did, I'm really upset with myself.

1 comment:

  1. I decline T-Shirt and Memory Quilts. You did a good job on this one. See you in 22 DAYS!

    ReplyDelete