Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Field Day: Finished!

After 9 days of working on the binding (and a lot of distraction!), I finally took the last stitch in Field Day last night... now I am on to Bordered Diamonds.  Hopefully by the end of the week I can call that one a finish as well.

A few pictures (with it being overcast outside, it is even more bright of a quilt!):
Field Day
I did not go fancy on the quilting, I already planned to follow the seams in a grid pattern.  Adding the two extra borders, I needed something else so I decided to practice feathers in the yellow.  I know so many are so good at that, but I need to keep practicing on them.
Field Day

Hancock of Paducah had a great sale on quilt backing....
Field Day

It's popped into the wash, and it may go on the bed tonight as it feels like fall is already here!  We don't even have our upstairs fan on at night.  This is August, right?  Though this is probably more typical weather for the northwest, last year was a scorcher.

I'm thinking about making another quilt from the Kona Color Of The Year patterns. There is a yellow/white star quilt (Lemon Stars by Darlene Zimmerman) that I liked also.   With Field Day in mind, I may put in another color than just white and yellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment