Thursday, February 18, 2016

Hippy Circles: a Finish

Yah! UFO #5 on my list is complete.  I was thinking about gifting it to a friend's daughter, but it is really more of a baby/crib sized quilt.  I will likely hang on to it until the time hits me to gift (likely to a young child/baby).
Hippy Circles

I started this quilt just to play around with circles, I actually enjoy curved piecing.  I really love the prints and the Cherrywood hand dye solids.  If I hadn't run out of the fabrics I would have made the top larger with the drunkards path blocks.  I considered other fabrics that I had at the time, but nothing really worked.  Either I needed to start another border pattern or end it.  Since this quilt has sat in my ufo bin for years (2008!), I wanted to finish it up... plus it's a fun quilt to look at.
Hippy Circles

I ran out of my variegated red/yellow and two other spools of red threads in the process, at least I used it up!  It feels good to use up fabrics and threads rather than just watching them sit.
Hippy Circles

This is one of my Finish-a-Long Goals.  On to my next finish!

7 comments:

  1. You are rockin' it on the the UFO's. This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cheerful quilt! I like the quilting, on the back it reminds me of balls of yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute, cute! Love that you quilted little hearts in it. We are both on a roll with the UFO busting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so bright and cheerful! I love your quilting too! Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I had actually held onto it for a few weeks--unsure what to do with it until one of my husband's coworkers daughter ended up at Children's Hospital in Seattle (she's still there, but doing better). It cheered her up and then I found out that she was given a quilt kit to work on when she felt up to it. She has now caught the quilting bug. I love it when quilts find just the right owner!

      Delete