Saturday, February 6, 2016

Another ufo bites the dust!

#8 WASIQ quilt group first swap from 1998 is now complete!  This one is a part of my Finish-a-Long goals as well.  It feels good to mark another long-waiting quilt to be finished.  This was started so long ago and I would pull it out occasionally just to see if I was ready to quilt it.  Because the sashing isn't really perfect, I would put it back... but I decided this was the year for it to be checked off in the "DONE" column.  The quilting isn't perfect, but this was an example of "passion over perfection".

Washington State Internet Quilters swap #1, 1998:
WASIQ Swap #1

Can you see the WSU logo and GO COUGS? The quilting is all there, but blowing up the image distorted it a bit.  And btw... I was thinking about this, if kids aren't taught cursive then how will our future quilters be able to do freemotion words?  Or what about cake decorators?  Cursive is the way!
WASIQ Swap #1

Lots of fun stuff going on; slugs, bears, goldfinch, etc:
WASIQ Swap #1

Farming, fishing, ferry....
WASIQ Swap #1

Around 2000 I finished up a quilt from the 2nd WASIQ swap to create a crib quilt for my now-15yo. And to think that I still have so many more blocks left to make more WASIQ swap quilts!
WASIQ Swap #1

I'm happy to be finished.  Today I worked on the binding while watching season 2 of Broadchurch.  If you like detective/mysteries, this was a good one.  There are just two seasons, and the ending was satisfying.  Seeing David Tennant in his role was great too.  The twists and turns!  Netflix, and get comfy :)

6 comments:

  1. Love both the quilts! You are ahead of me on finishes. I hope to remedy that in the next couple days. I finished the one I can't post, but I have some small ones on my list to quilt up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I sure do wish we could stream Netflix. Still can't do that, because we are limited on downloads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of these days you'll be able to get off satellite... and then there will be some good stuff to catch up on :)

      Delete
  3. Great quilts - I love both settings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them both Mel! I really wish I would have been in the group for that first exchange! There are awesome blocks in there. I have 2 years of blocks to make into quilts and I love both sashings so much I just might copy you. ;) My next UFO is the round robin we did with the logo in the center.

    ReplyDelete