Monday, January 25, 2016

Not another Hexie post!

Just kidding, it is :)  Over the weekend I worked on sewing on binding for one of my Finish-A-Long quilts and starting to apply the background hexies to the GFG quilt.  I am glad I chose grey, I love it!  I seriously considered black but I am realllllllly tired of black in my quilts.  Add to that, all the cat and dog hair that shows up... I already knew I did not want white and I briefly considered green and navy.  Because I have those colors already in the flower rosettes, I wasn't completely sold.  Years ago I even tried out yellow as a background, but I nixed that quickly.
GFG: half of first row

ETA: I seem to be having issues between flickr and blogger.  sorry if this image is huge.

I tossed it up on my design wall to get a quick picture before it fell off :)  I'll have to start pinning as it grows.  I am halfway done with the first of nine rows, I am sure I will slow down soon enough but for now I am loving it coming together as a top.

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe how fast you are! Amazing! Is there a hand pieced category in your fair? This is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! I know the fair has been pushed out a month (starts after labor day this year), but I still don't think I would have it done in time.... but the thought did cross my mind to enter it.

      Delete
  2. I like the varied shades of Grey in your path hexies. You had a busy stitching week-end.
    I'm enjoying your Hexie posts, never too many!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary! I am enjoying this "slow" stitching right now.

      Delete