Sunday, October 25, 2015

QM Bitty Blocks--Catch Up

QM Bitty Blocks, catching up

The last two days I've been actually sewing. I gave my Juki a break and pulled out the featherweight... I sure love that little machine!  I haven't been doing a lot of sewing lately, but at this point I am now only four months behind in making my Bitty Blocks.  That's progress.  I also sewed my finished blocks into strips so little by little it's getting closer to being a quilt top.

QM Bitty Blocks, catching up
This layout is in order as each monthly pattern came out.

QM Bitty Blocks, catching up
And the blocks all sewn together, moving around the strips.

For the layout that QM suggests for this size, it requires 14 rows of blocks. I don't think I'm going to do that. I have already made up the flying geese as suggested (3 rows of 60), and I think I've decided I'm going to add 2" strips of white between each row to add to the length and some white space.  I'm not sure what I am going to do for the outside border, but QM suggested a checkerboard border.

4 comments:

  1. Whoa....that's a LOT of little flying geese! I work small but that many looks intimidating! Your blocks are looking so good. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty cute 3 and 4" blocks :) I'm not very exact though, and some really show that. I did the flying geese during a retreat, so it was a lot of mindless sewing accomplished!

      Delete
  2. Bitty Blocks in nice colors. Good idea to add the extra borders of white. Have fun making blocks on your Featherweight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks are looking great! I love that you used all blues. I probably should start sewing mine together in rows...and start making geese!!

    ReplyDelete