Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Halloween

Darrin and I looked through amazon's costume section to see what sort of costume he might want.  He decided (after I nixed horror stuff, Halloween already isn't a favorite holiday, the boys know I have my limit and that is it) that he wanted to be a soldier.

I found a few military costumes, but they seemed sort of cheesey... and then I found a company that makes smaller BDU's for kids!  Perfect!  It also came with some patches that could be sewn on, very cool!

Halloween Soldier

It arrived, and Kevin decided to pull out his old Army jacket and offered up his patches for Darrin.  So cool!  Darrin loves his BDU's and I think he looks adorable.  He also wants a helmet that Kevin has, but it's a bit big for his head so that won't be happening :)

Halloween Soldier
Two shoulder patches which came with the uniform.

Halloween Soldier
Hell on Wheels: 2nd Armor Division, dates back to WWII.  From Kevin's jacket.

Halloween Soldier
Cheese!

Happy Halloween, enjoy some Snickers :)



4 comments:

  1. Halloween isn't my favorite either. Forecast is for Rain so I'll be missing the Trunk or Treat if that happens. Think I'll have a KitKat or two instead of snickers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sisters unite :) I'm glad I'm not the only one, it seems like everyone loves it (but I guess maybe we just don't speak up and let it pass) Kevin is the KitKat'er, I love the Reeses... but some of the Snickers commercials have been cracking me up, I must have just watched one when I wrote that :) I'm guessing our forecast is rain too. We've lucked out the past few years, so I guess it's time.

      Delete
  2. Great Army costume, Go ARMY! BTW, my nephew passed the intensive Ranger training and graduated last week after graduating from West Point last year. Almond Joys all the way! Too bad I can't eat them much with these stupid allergies! I am sort of anti Halloween anymore, not sure why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh I love almond joys too! Congratulations Nephew, that's impressive! My pastor was also an Army Ranger before he went to seminary. Quite a change in professions :)

      Delete