Monday, December 26, 2016

Final Finish of 2016

Well, I am guessing that this will be my final finish of the year. I am mixed on this quilt. I received the Hexometry pattern in a Quilty Box, and I did have fun with it. I needed to cut more hexagons so I used up some Cotton + Steel fabrics (a FQ pack that I bought a couple of years ago) that were in the same colors.  I ended up using the leftovers for the backing fabric.

Hexometry


The back:
Hexometry

It is a lap-throw size, all washed up and snuggly.  I'm planning to send this one off to a niece in the next week (Edit: just mailed off this afternoon!).

I did have some issues with quilting in a circle and had to rip out sections of quilting when I found the backing was gathered in spots.  I'm not exactly sure what happened with this project.... for whatever reason I had issues from the start to the finish with hand sewing the binding.  I think sometimes some fabrics just have different feels and sew differently.  This one was a lot of trouble--which I'm glad that I've used up nearly ever bit of the Cotton+Steel fat quarters that I had in this line.

ETA:
I took some outdoors pictures, I think the colors look close to the indoor shots...
outside pics, hexometry

outside pics, hexometry

Happy Christmas and New Year!

6 comments:

  1. It is bright and colorful and I am sure your niece will love it! Sorry about all the problems, some projects just fight us for some reason! You can actually see your grass? We have two feet of snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It almost looks summery with that grass, doesn't it? It was chilly and damp though! I'd love to have some of your snow--for a week :) I owe you an email, but I have been feeling so blah lately. I finally did do some sewing today and I am almost done with a Christmas quilt I started weeks ago :)

      Delete
  2. Great to have another finish this close to the end of 2016. Fun colors for your neice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've wanted to send her a quilt, but it wasn't until my sis in law said she'd love this one because of the colors that I knew where this one would go when it was finished! I hope she likes it!

      Delete
  3. Great finish...I'm sure your niece will love it!

    ReplyDelete