Sunday, August 21, 2016

Splendid Sampler Update

I have been working on taking a break from my Splendid Sampler progress... honestly, I am burnt out on it.  I have been considering just putting together what I have and call it good, but before I totally threw in the towel, I wanted to see what kind of sashing or alternate blocks I try.

Nine patch was a no go.  It  was much too busy.
Splendid Sampler

So this is what I'm going with:
Splendid Sampler

I have the width I want and at this point I am going to decide if I do all 100 or close--or if maybe I want to stop at 80.  Right now I am taking a break from applique and embroidery and I will start catching up with the pieced blocks.

I moved around blocks because the lighter backgrounds look better with the red and vice versa.  I planned to keep them in the same order but because I don't know if I am going to be doing all the blocks as well as the the light/dark issue, I decided to move things around.

And the three I have finally completed...
42. Pencils
42 Pencils

48. Whim
48 Whim

54. Shell. I see a Thanksgiving turkey butt however.
54 Shell

7 comments:

  1. Your second choice is awesome! It is a great compliment. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! I really needed something to keep my interest going on that project... the sashing decision helped! I may actually decide to work on all the applique blocks instead of wait them out now.

      Delete
  2. I love this setting. I'm right there with you on being burnt out. I'm trying to keep up but it just isn't happening. I haven't completely put it away yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm realllllllly glad I didn't do the quilt block a day sew along. I'd be super behind right now :)

      Delete
  3. I am copying the patterns, we'll see if I get time to ever start it. Too many other NEW Projects call to me. I like the 2nd setting for the Blocks. You always do good work! sometimes Quilting is WORK! It takes part of the FUN out of it, huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Mary. I also print off some of the extra blocks if it catches my eye. Next I'm wondering how I'm going to wrastle that flannel quilt through my juki! :) I can't have it be any wider!

      Delete
  4. I think many of us of getting burnt out for one reason or another. Its hard to keep interest going for so long....especially when there is a lot of technique we don't care for. I'm still plugging away but have given myself permission to not do all of them. My quilting life is too short to not have fun!
    The sashing you chose looks great!

    ReplyDelete