Thursday, March 31, 2016

A little sewing here and there...

A little Splendid Sampler update:
#10 Iowa
10 iowa

#11 Crocheted Thoughts
11 crocheted thoughts

#12 Checkerboard
12 checkerboard

#13 Scrap Stars
13 scrap stars

I love seeing them altogether:
13

And a cute little quilt I finished up last night:
1000 Pyramids

An 1800's reproduction fabric 1000 pyramids. I really love working with triangles. The funny thing on this quilt is that I got my last row of triangles (bottom row) sewn together in the wrong direction. My ruler for this triangle has a flattened top edge but for some reason I turned them all around and I couldn't figure out where I went wrong. At least they are equilateral triangles :)

This makes the only finish for the month of March.  Am I slowing down already??  I need to crack the whip and pull out another UFO.

5 comments:

  1. I like your little Quilt. any size finish counts! The Splendid blocks are very cute. I just can't add any more to my list right now. UFO's are a Plenty at my house also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary! That one will be for the swap. I am going to get it mailed out after I get home from CA in two weeks, and since I'm done so early I was thinking about making a rag doll to go with it... but that's just an idea right now :) Not sure if it will happen yet!

      Delete
  2. Love your Splendid blocks!!! I need to get caught up-I'm 3 behind already!
    LOVE your little quilt!!! My eyes go right to the hexies. :) Great combo of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judy! My eyes went to those hexie sections too :) I still need to do Thursday's block for the Splendid Sampler, but I'll probably wait until Sunday (I usually do them then after Sunday's comes out).

      Delete
  3. That's mine, that's mine...I just received it in the mail yesterday. I love it. Thank you so much Melissa, I love participating in this swap. Your other quilts projects are wonderful. Take care. Debbie

    ReplyDelete