Thursday, August 6, 2015

Scrappy Trips

Talk about a hard quilt to photograph.  I'm not a professional, but usually I can get close to the real colors on fabrics, this one was as hard as red to do!  I tried an indoor shot on my design wall, but I wasn't happy with the colors.
Scrappy Trips Around the World

I used two jelly rolls for this quilt top (plus a few strips from my stash), Aloha Girl by Fig Tree Quilts (by Moda).  The colors are pretty soft, but the dark blues are very vivid and dark.  Next up is to find what to use for backing and quilt away!

Scrappy Trips Around the World


Yesterday I played with different layouts:
Scrappy Trips Around the World

I liked the one above, but I decided to go with an "around the world" layout.  I know if I just left it alone, it would be weeks before I finally did anything so I decided to just go for it.
Scrappy Trips Around the World

I like the softness of the fabrics, I'm hoping the recipient enjoys it as well (now on to quilting!).

4 comments:

  1. I like both layouts. Nice finish! Have fun quilting it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the more varied layouts, don't know why but it's more fun. Whichever way i LOVE it and I LOVE the fabrics. If the recipient doesn't like it I do! :) ALOT :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful...love the colors and fabrics! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Mel! Love those fabrics!

    ReplyDelete