Thursday, June 11, 2015

Woodwinds; Ocean Waves Quilt

I attended a great retreat last weekend.  I was able to finish quilting one quilt that has been on my UFO list for some time, caught up with my May Bitty Blocks (along with the added flying geese), and I started two new projects. I will post about those items soon, but for today I am posting about the quilted UFO.

Ocean waves quilt called Woodwinds by Stitchin' Post.  I purchased the fabric kit in 2003, finally started putting blocks together in 2013, basted and ready to quilt shortly after... but quilting was finally finished in 2015.  12yrs.  Sigh.  I know I have older UFO's, but it was basted so there was no excuse.  Next up is my Orca Bay.  I have already started it, but I need to decide if I want to stick with my thread choice before I continue (I have one block done, I haven't decided if I like it or not).

So at this point I am working on the binding, and I am about halfway done.  I laid it out on the floor, and bam! The Quilt Inspector came from the other room..... immediately!  How do they know?

Woodwinds; Ocean Waves

Woodwinds; Ocean Waves

I'm going to update this one as done.
Previous post about this project: http://melissadevin.blogspot.com/2014/08/old-post-7312013-finished-quilt-top.html

5 comments:

  1. Love all those bright colors. And that's a block I have always liked. My cat does that all the time too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember you starting this quilt in Leavenworth! Glad it is now in the FINISH "cat"-a-gory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember this one! Love it! I'm glad it's done and funny on the cat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember this one! Love it! I'm glad it's done and funny on the cat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me toooooo! That one took me forever because I really wasn't loving it so much (funny I bought the whole fabric kit to do it). I used a scrapped-together hobs wool batt so sewing the binding down was a pain to do. I kept sewing into the quilt top, it is so light and the needle never really felt like it got into the "meat" of the batt, unlike how it feels with cotton. Anyway, Darrin likes it and it is now on his bed.

      Delete