Saturday, April 11, 2015

QM April Bitty Blocks

I'm trying so hard to get my sewing mojo back, it has been difficult to do.  Ever since our last kiddo came into our family, my brain has been fried.  Finding the moments where I feel like creating have been fleeting, and I try and grab them whenever they come.  I'm not quite sure what is going on with me but I'm trying to rectify it.

The last two days I have been working on QM's Bitty Blocks for April.  I have 16 finished (just worked out that way when I was cutting), so for that extra block I may add it to other extra blocks for the quilt top.  Though the fabrics I am choosing are blue and white, I am thinking that for the flying geese rows (for the larger size quilts) I will make those blocks in a different color--maybe red or orange.


QM April Bitty Blocks

QM Bitty Blocks, April

I did order backing fabric for an engagement/wedding quilt for our oldest son... one step closer to quilting it up!  I started it a year ago :)   I am seriously considering sending it out to a longarm quilter, but I haven't decided yet.  After I get the backing fabric, I will then decide.

Oh!  I forgot to write in my last blog post about finally using up all the bobbin thread that came with my featherweight.  That last bobbin had 6 different kinds of thread on it!  Just when I thought I finally used it all up, bam!  Another color of thread was wound on it.  So now at this point I am finally using the same top/bobbin thread.

And one more update:  Even though my sewing mojo is lacking, I have been sewing on the hexagons.  I only have five more flower garden blocks left before I start on the background.  I think I have that part figured out, but we'll see what I commit to.

3 comments:

  1. I love all the blues! Its gonna be a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blues and white blocks so crisp and nice. Hope you find some time to Sew. You do such pretty quilts. You need to schedule a RETREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are cute! I am only three months behind now! You will get your mojo back. That's funny about the bobbins! Awesome on the hexis!

    ReplyDelete