Sunday, January 25, 2015

Teaching Kids to Sew

My youngest (7, will be 8 next month) has been asking me to teach him to quilt almost daily for the past two weeks.  I was waiting for some Seahawks colors to arrive, but tonight I decided to go ahead and let him choose some fabrics from my stash to teach some basics.  Darrin loved it.  Tomorrow we'll try to finish it up (he says first thing in the morning, but I'm thinking more like after a cup of coffee or two!).

Using the featherweight was perfect for him--though he really wants to use the Juki.  That won't be happening for many years yet!  My camera is currently charging up, so I just have my iphone pics.  They may not be great pictures, but the joy is pretty clear :)

Now if I could figure out how to get my video to flickr to post.  I can't email it because it's too big, but it went to facebook fine.  Odd.

Darrin learns to quilt!

Darrin learns to quilt!

Darrin learns to quilt!


The big reveal!
Darrin learns to quilt!

Ta-da!

1 comment:

  1. Lucky guy gets to sew on a Featherweight! :) He looks so happy with his very own quilt. Perfect first project.

    ReplyDelete