Thursday, January 15, 2015

QM Bitty Blocks

I found out that Quiltmaker is doing a Bitty Blocks block of the month this year (January).  I decided this would be a great way to get comfortable with my featherweight.  This morning I whipped up the 16 blocks needed, bow ties.  I am thinking that this quilt is going to be a blue and white quilt, but I may change my mind as I go.  They will measure 3" when finished.

QM Bitty Blocks

Playing with a couple of designs that are possible with the bow tie block...
QM Bitty Blocks

I'm pretty sure that these need to be sewn into one row, but I'll wait to figure out which way I want them to go.

I think I decided that my FW should be named Josephine.  After all, her name is already on the case :)

7 comments:

  1. Very cute! Right after I posted about free tutorials at the Wasiq blog I remembered the Bitty Blocks. One charity quilt to finish quilting plus 3 more to bind before I will allow myself to pull fabric for another project. Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blocks! I need to get 8 more made, but I did get the first 8 done Monday and posted them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They turned out great. I want to play along with this b.o.m. so am hoping to get to them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you made them all in blue. I used many different colours, but maybe I'll try them in blue too. Sweet blocks. Did you make the baskets?

    ReplyDelete