Saturday, January 4, 2014

UFO List Project: Easy Strip Tulips

This project is part of #31 and 32 on my UFO list.  #31 was actually two small wall quilt tops (top and bottom sections), and #32 was already quilted (ugly) with a binding attached (middle section).  I ripped it all apart and then reworked all three projects to fit together into one.  At this point I think I am going to add a checkerboard border to add width to the sides, and a not as wide checkerboard along the top and bottom as the length is good for a bed quilt right now.

Tulips

I painted the blue background fabric probably around 2002/03, and at this point all I have left is a small strip.  The checkerboard will likely have a different blue mixed in and I have some of that green from the tulip stems/leaves left that I will add in as well.

The blue fabric has some sparkly white in it that was suppose to be clouds.  I like that it isn't as heavy as a Fairy Frost fabric, but still has the sparkle.

As normal, I have no plans for this quilt yet, but it will talk to me more as I work my way through it.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, super cool! That is awesome that you were able to combine projects. It will be fun when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if that means I have reduced my UFO list by 3 or just one when this one is complete? :)

    ReplyDelete