Thursday, January 2, 2014

Starting the year off right, with a finish in 2013

After 14 years, my Jane Stickle quilt has come to a close.  She taught me quite a bit about sewing: hand applique, machine applique, paper piecing, you name it.  I think this quilt took me so long to do because I wasn't ready to attempt to master some of the techniques.  And let's face it, I still haven't mastered Y-seams especially.  This quilt is full of challenges.
Jane: done!

While I have no plans for this quilt yet (too small for our bed, too large to hang on one of my walls), I am content with using it right now to sit under while watching tv or playing Candy Crush :)
A few pictures taken right after I finished:
Jane Stickle is DONE!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Flowers in the basket:
Flowers in the basket

And the back, I love seeing the backs with all the quilting:
Jane Stickle is DONE!

If you'd like to see more pictures of various blocks and all of the triangles: Go to my flickr set here I wish I still had my other blog up so all the posts about my Jane quilt were together, hopefully someday soon I will be able to get those cleaned up and virus/spam free so I can post those. Though this quilt was a huge process for me, I am glad for the process. It stretched me and taught me. Towards the end with the quilting, I was really burnt out but I pushed through. With one day left in 2013, this project finally came to an end.

And to answer a question upfront, no, I will not make another EVEN THOUGH I have seen so many other Jane quilts in various fabrics that really sing to me. It's not happening. This chapter is closed.

2 comments:

  1. Mel, you did a fabulous job! That is a lot of hard work! And the quilting is great,t oo! Way to go! That's an awesome finish!
    I have a blog on blogspot, too. I'll have to see if I can find out how many other WASIQ'ers do. MIne is qwilltr.blogspot.com

    Peggy in VA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Peggy! I'll have to take a look at your blog too and add it to my list!

    ReplyDelete