Monday, March 11, 2019

Scrappy Trips Update

After sewing the fabrics together, I was reminded of Fruit Stripe Gum... I think I should rename this quilt Fruit Stripe Trips
fruitstripe
Here are four settings I am considering.  I am thinking I like the last one best, but originally I was thinking of an around-the-world setting. 

Scrappy Trips Scrappy Trips Scrappy Trips Scrappy Trips

I feel like a broken record in regards to photos, but the colors here are close but muted to reality.  The first one was with my iPhone because my camera died after the 3rd pic. 

So is 48" square an odd baby quilt size?  Well, I think I will just sew it up (again, likely the last photo setting) and call it good.

Has anyone else emailed Lori to sign up for the 2019 Doll Quilt Swap?  Raising my hand again for this year!

3 comments:

  1. Just sent my Email! I thought I'd done it earlier. I see what you mean about the Gum Reference. 48" is a good size, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Fruit Stripe gum! I loved that stuff. LOL LOVE this quilt...version 4 is my favorite.
    I think 48" is perfect. I like baby quilts that momma and baby can cuddle under. I call them rocking chair quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great size for a baby quilt and I LOVE the last version. What a fun comparison to the gum! I love it!

    ReplyDelete