Saturday, February 2, 2019

Prepper Alert!

Thanks to Judy and Julie and their efficiency recently with prepping quilts, I decided on Saturday to get a bunch of quilts prepped for quilting.  I had to go into my reserve stash of pins for basting, I've used so many!  One day I will try out basting spray, but I think I need a demonstration on it and how to do larger quilts with it first.  Because I baste quilts using my design wall, I am trying to get as many as possible prepped because it's kind of a pain to have to remove things off of it in order to baste.  I am waiting on another order for yardage, so I won't get totally settled back onto my design wall again until after that arrives.

Ready to Quilt

From top to bottom in the stack:
2018 Stitch Happens (50% quilted)
2019 Spool Block cat masterpiece quilt
UFO 62. Y2k Charm Quilt
UFO 68. QM Bitty Blocks (this will be the last finish from 2015 started quilts!)
2016 Always The Season
2018 Good Fortune
2017 Jigsaw Quilt/Jelly Roll Challenge

Overflowing box of tops...
Ready to Quilt

In my box, I have identified at least two more that I want to get basted and prepared for quilting:

UFO 50. Outer space: top, kid bed sized (started this one for Justin when he was about 12... he's now 32! He told me I should finish it... I plan to send it down to him as a surprise)

UFO 66. 2016 Evergreen State BOM2016 (a Pacific Fabrics BOM).

    I have also updated my UFO list (adding.... sigh).  I wondered if maybe I should renumber my ufo's, but I decided against it.  Maybe I should just have a running total that I update instead.  In trying to locate my Y2k Charm quilt, I couldn't believe I didn't already have it listed with the UFOs.  That one is 19 years old at this point.

    I have to say that I am feeling good that the finish bug has hit me.

    4 comments:

    1. That Julie has spread her inspiration all over! I had fun basting my...I was on a roll but ran out of pins. It's such a great idea she share to have them ready to quilt when we are ready to quilt. Hope we all finish oodles of quilts!

      ReplyDelete
    2. YIPPEE! I am so glad I am so inspiring! LOL You got a LOT basted! WOW!!!! I can't imagine basting on a wall. I have only quilted one out of my pile so far, but at least they are ready!

      ReplyDelete
    3. You've been hustling. Lots of quilting ahead. Have you shared your Good Fortune? I don't remember seeing it all done.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Oh yea, I remember seeing it now. You did the ribbon border. I thought today was a Link-up Party, but I was wrong.

        Delete