Saturday, February 16, 2019

First (almost) Finish of 2019

Outer Space
A few days ago I decided to get quilting on UFO #50.  I had been waiting on the backing fabric to arrive, so when it finally did, I got it together and then the next day got quilting.  I believe this one was started in 1998 and the top was finished around the same time, no pattern that I recall, I just wanted to make a space themed quilt for Justin because he liked space stuff back then.  He never saw the quilt when I was working on it, but I told him about it a year or so ago and he urged me on to finish it :)   Today it's all quilted up, and now I just need a few days to sew down the binding and then send it off to him.
Outer Space

One border was very wavy, but I didn't take it apart to fix that.  I left it alone and just worked with it.  Overall, I think it will be fine and should relax even more in the wash--but it will always have a slight wave.
Outer Space

The charcoal grey, solid blue, and red fabrics all have a glitter finish.  This was back when I loved the sparkly fabrics.  I didn't check my stash to see if I have any of those left, I seem to recall that I also bought a solid green from the same line that was also sparkly.  The hand of those fabrics are pretty stiff.  I hope they soften up after a washing.

And now that my wall is all back together again, here's my Starlit Skies, 24 blocks worth.  This is the halfway point!  There will be a sashing (I think 3") with a star cornerstone (unless I change that part in the pattern).
Design Wall

I'll probably put these back into my project box, I don't anticipate finishing these up very quickly.  I would like to get busy on the new scrappy trips off to the right though.

At least I have been doing some sewing, it's nice to have that desire again.  I think the next quilt I get busy on will be the millennial charm quilt.  I already have a simple idea in mind for the quilting.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see a Project finish. You got your MOJO back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WootWoot!!! That's a really fun quilt! I love those star blocks with all those itty bitty tiny pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is quite a beauty with such striking colours. And the other blocks with the tiny blocks is so pretty. Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete