Monday, January 28, 2019

Grandmother's Flower Garden, Row 6 Complete!

I have been working over the last three days to finish sewing my sixth row of flowers, I really wanted to finish before the sun went down to get some good light.  It was pretty close, but still with dusk on the cusp, I had to lighten up the photo a bit.

Row 6 Complete!

I think it's been a year since I completed row 5.  Apparently this is more of a slow cooker project than I anticipated. The good news is that since that last row, I did complete all the grey pieces I need for this quilt--at least for what I am currently planning.

Row 6 Complete!

Last night I had an idea about adding a ring of colorful fabrics and then one more ring of grey. It would help to add to the quilt for length as it really isn't the size I like for even a lap quilt yet. Considering this quilt project has gone through a lot of good times and bad (started 2001), it has been a good therapy aid over the years. Maybe one day it will be a finished quilt, but right now it is a great calming device.

1 comment:

  1. It is looking good. I like the gray.
    When it's done what will you do??
    It's always good to complete a row!

    ReplyDelete