Thursday, December 13, 2018

Some fixings and Continuings

Wednesday night was Darrin's scout meeting.  He had an earlier patrol meeting and with Kevin out of town for the week, that means I'm it for unlocking the doors, etc.  I decided that I'd had enough of social media and app garbage to pass time during these events, so I grabbed my hexie box to see if I could finish up some of the 3-piece hexie background sections.  I finished up 7 last night, and this morning after walking with Darrin to his stop and before the treadmill trot, I finished up the last three.  The only parts to the background I have left are two larger end sections for my 8th row.  I am so close!

Hexies!

I am glad to have this grab and go project, but my 48yo eyes aren't what they used to be.  I haven't looked around, but are there battery powered portable lights that are easily packable for a grab and go project?  At home I use my Ikea Jansjo light for home use... I guess I could always pack a headlamp--which would make sense for a scout meeting and all :)

I was able to also fix my sleeve for my reindeer shirt.  It isn't an exact match with the other sleeve, but much better than the first attempt.  Also noted... I did my sleeve backwards.  It isn't one of those "cut on the fold" sleeves and I thought I picked the front correctly.  Nope.  It still fits fine, but since I did a large bust adjustment, I think it is slightly off.  oh well and sigh.  Aligning the sleeve with the armscye, it matched up however.  I haven't checked to see how close it is on each side, but it still worked even though it was backwards.

Love Notions Classic Tee

I am not completely finished with Clue 3 of the mystery yet, but I'm getting there.  Today I was going to finish it up, but got distracted with my hexies and some other things I needed to get done.  I am looking forward to seeing what Clue 4 has in store!

I'm so ready for the hubby to be home tomorrow.  Business travel isn't so bad now that the boys are both older (those earlier years were tough!), but I still sure miss him and our daily/weekly routine together. 

1 comment:

  1. I have a light that clips on my shirt. I've seen ones that hang around your neck. Your Hexies are nicely stored. Have fun with part 4!

    ReplyDelete