Monday, December 10, 2018

Good Fortune: Clue 3

I would like to say that I finished Clue 3 of Bonnie Hunter's Good Fortune mystery, but I'm not.  I saw the half-chevrons on Friday and cringed.  I seem to do Bonnie's mystery quilts every few years and the years I haven't done them have all had the chevrons.  I still haven't made any of her chevron'ed quilts... I hate to say it by it isn't my favorite piece in quilts.  Now, give me that tri-recs shape?  LOVE those.

beginnings, figuring out the spacing and testing...
Good Fortune pt3

I did start on Friday with cutting, and then some line drawing, and then a little sewing.  Saturday was a the scout Christmas tree lot shift day so I knew I wouldn't be doing any sewing.   It ended up being a 10am-8pm day for Kevin, crazy busy in the morning and he was called in!  I made a spaghetti and meatball dinner along with some pumpkin muffins for our dinner (all paleo) and was ready to start our shift at 2.  I went in an hour early to unwrap trees.  Our day ended with 64 trees sold which was a record (for at least this year), Kevin said he has never seen it that busy.  And it's difficult when a shift is 2 scouts and 2 parents, some know how to tie knots well--which is nice when you are hopefully paired with a more experienced scout/parent.  For some reason shoppers want to be sure their trees arrive home still on their vehicles :)  I'm not a knot person, thankfully Kevin is like a king knotter and Darrin is picking it up.  And we are now officially done with our required 6 shifts!

Good Fortune pt3
My greens along with the first two clues...

Back to sewing... Sunday I did bits and pieces throughout the day.  At this point it should be easy sailing with just sewing the other side, my lines are already drawn.  I am guessing there will be an opposite side to this half-chevron and I will take that in stride as well.

Good Fortune pt3

Linking up here with other Good Fortune mystery sewists: http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2018/12/mystery-monday-link-up-part-3.html

4 comments:

  1. Way to just get in there and get it figured out! I'm headed in right now to cut some greens. Neutrals are all ready to go. I love that so far our quilts are looking the same. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It you really do no like making the chevrons, why not make two hst . The need those together to ma k a chevron? It's only one more seam. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea, I have a Dejavu feeling about them also! My Midnight Flight didn't have the chevron so in the borders for a good reason! Good tree selling! My DH is a knot tying crazy scouter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am busy watching you all with you mysteries, not happening for me this year. I can't wait to see how it all turns out. Great on the Christmas tree sales.

    ReplyDelete